All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
The Black Chokeberry Shrub produces the best fruit when planted in full sun. Chokeberry gets its name because of the tart bitter taste of the fruits. However, they are great to make wine, syrup, tea, salsa, jams and jellies. The fruits also make a great source of food for wildlife in winter. Dark green leaves give pretty foliage to this shrub, changing to a reddish color in the fall.
- You are purchasing one – Black Chokeberry Shrub - 2 gallon pot
- Clusters of small white flowers in spring
- Black fruit bloom in fall and last into the winter
- No serious insect or disease problems
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Aronia melanocarpa
- Mature Size (H x W) : 3’-8’ x 2’-6’
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade
- Characteristics: Deciduous, multi-stemmed shrub
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Hedge, Naturalize, Rain Garden, Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!