All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
A blackberry for your garden! Growing your own blackberries can be easy and fun. Grow bushels of healthy, flavorful blackberries that can be eaten fresh off the bush. There is nothing better than blackberry preserves or hot blackberry cobbler and ice cream. Remember you grandmother’s fresh blackberry tart? Not only are you saving money but you are getting fresh fruit from you own blackberry bush.
Brazos Blackberry is a medium to large firm, attractive blackberry with a sweet, but lightly tart flavor. Developed by Texas A&M University, Brazos Blackberry is the best known and most widely commercially cultivated variety. This thorny, erect bush makes a great addition to your home garden when planted as a hedge row making a dense impenetrable barrier/boundary or grown on a trellis producing sweet berries year after year. They are great to eat fresh, great for cooking and even preserving.
In many cases, you may still want to plant pollinating partners to increase the size of your crop, but self-pollinating varieties doing so is optional.
- You are purchasing a ‘Brazos’ Blackberry Plant - 4" Pot, 6"-10" tall, heavy rooted – 1 each
- Canes may need support for weight distribution of heavy fruit
- Blackberries are high in antioxidants and provide many nutritional benefits
- Best known and most widely commercially cultivated variety
- Excellent for cooking and preserving
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Mature Size (HxW): 10’ x 10’
- Soil: Moist, fertile, well-drained acidic soil
- Hardiness Zone: 7-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Medium to large firm, sweet, slightly tart berry
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Bloom: White
- Fruit color: Black
- Ripens/Harvest: June-July
- Tolerance: Tolerates hot, dry weather
- Years to bear: 1-2
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!