The American beauty- berry is known for hanging clusters of glossy, iridescent-purple fruit. In springtime, tiny pink to lilac flowers will appear. The beauty-berry are packed tightly together in clusters which encircle the stem. This naturally loose formed shrub is great to use in a garden setting or under large shade trees. The purple berried stalks are great accents in cut flower and foliage arrangements.
The raw berries are suitable for human consumption. Jelly can be made from the berries and the roots used to make herbal tea. The fruit from this shrub are an important food source for many species of birds and animals. This food source will last well into the winter months when other food sources are unavailable.
- You are purchasing an American Beautyberry - Bare Root Plants 1-2’ tall, 1 ½ year old - 2 pack
- Attractive to bees, butterflies, and birds
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Callicarpa Americansa
- Mature Size: Up to 8' tall
- Soil: Moist, well-drained; drought tolerant and able to adapt to various types of soil
- Hardiness Zone: 6a-10b
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Shade
- Characteristics: Relatively disease and pest free; easily propagated and requires little maintenance
- Growth Rate: Moderate
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!