Visions Astilbe features beautiful purple/pinkish blooms. It’s rich color is a stunner in any garden. Removing faded flower stalks will not prolong bloom. Many gardeners do leave the flower stalks in place after bloom because of the ornamental interest of the dried seed heads. This Chinese astilbe variety is noted for having better sun and drought tolerance than most x arendsii hybrids.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Visions Astilbe – False Spirea - 1 quart pot
- Easily Grown
- Attracts Butterflies
- Rabbit and Deer tolerant
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Astilbe chinensis ‘Visions’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 12”-18” x 12”-18”
- Soil: Moist, humusy, organically rich
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Sun Exposure: Light to full shade
- Characteristics: Purple showy bloom, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Cut flowers, Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!