The Amethyst Astilbe Hybrid features beautiful lilac-purple/lavender blooms in May and June. It never fails to stun in a garden due to its rich color. Removing faded flower stalks will not prolong bloom. Many gardeners do leave the flower stalks in place after bloom because of the ornamental interest of the dried seed heads.
Arendsii hybrids are clump-forming perennials which feature graceful, fern-like mounds of mostly basal, 2-3 ternately compound leaves, usually with sharply-toothed leaflets, and tiny flowers densely packed into erect to arching, plume-like flower panicles rising above the foliage on slender stems. They can vary as to plant size, leaf color/shape and bloom period because of the varied parentage of the various plants now classified under this hybrid grouping.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Amethyst Astilbe Hybrid – False Spirea - 1 quart pot
- Easily Grown
- Rabbit and Deer tolerant
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Astilbe x arendsii ‘Amethyst’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 18”-36” x 18”-24”
- Soil: Moist, humusy, organically rich
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Sun Exposure: Light to full shade
- Characteristics: lilac-purple showy bloom, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Cut flowers, Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!