These bare root apple trees are 2-4 feet tall with a caliber of 7/16 inch to 9/16 inch. Don't be fooled by competitors that advertise that their trees come pre-planted in soil. These trees are guaranteed healthy and will take root in your garden or orchard when planted upon receipt of live plant.
- Fuji: flesh is cream colored, very firm, juicy and sweet. It is a large apple with a base colouring of yellow/green overlaid with red stripes, and is excellent for desserts or eating out-of-hand.
- Gala: Crisp, firm fruit. This Golden Delicious cross originated in New Zealand and is one of the world's favorite apples. Its fine-grained texture and excellent flavour makes it the perfect crunchy sweet snack.
- Ginger Gold: The Ginger Gold is a cross between Golden Delicious and Albemarle (Newtown Pippin apples. It is one of the earliest commercial apples to ripen. Flavor is mild with a tart finish. The flesh resists browning more than most varieties.
- Golden Delicious: Excellent all-purpose apple with a rich, unique flavour. One of the finest salad and dessert apples grown. Flesh is juicy and medium firm. Cooks firm.
- Jonathan: Medium sized sweet apple, with a tough but smooth skin. Has a red skin, blushed with yellow to green undertones. The flesh is creamy yellow in color with a crisp bite and lots of juice.
- McIntosh: firm, crispy apple has a greenish overtone with a distinctive red cheek. Their rich, tangy flavour and alluring aroma have made them popular for eating fresh. Macs also cook up soft and smooth, making them a natural for baking and cooking.
- Red Delicious: primarily a dessert apple. Officially classed as a sweet apple, but with a certain pleasing tartness. Highly flavoured for fresh eating. Pulp is crisp and juicy. Good keepers.
- Winesap: small deep red apple with a juicy, yet firm, greenish yellow flesh and a tart, wine-like flavor. The Winesap apple is a good eating apple or served in salads. It is an all-purpose apple, which holds its flavor when cooked in sauces and pies. It is also often used to make cider.
- Yellow Delicious: Large, golden fruit that ripens late, with a fine, sweet flavor. Best known as fresh eating apples, but also work well for pies, applesauce, and preserves.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!