Earthworm castings are making huge explosion onto nursery and gardening scene! While they've been used by growers for several years, recent research and a push to go green has brought worm castings to the limelight.
Earthworm castings contain a plethora of essential elements that plants need for healthy growth. However, not all worm castings are created equal. Grower's Solution Pure Earthworm castings are some of the most consistent worm castings produced. Our worms are treated like kings, raised indoors eating a steady diet of corn & peat humus. This allows us to sell worm castings that are consistent every single batch.
Worm castings are rich in providing concentrated amounts of magnesium, phosphorus, nitrates, calcium and potassium. Earthworm castings also contain copper, manganese, cobalt, zinc, borax, carbon, nitrogen, and iron. All of these nutrients & minerals are available immediately to the plant without the fear of ever burning it.
These castings are so efficient they even rival commercial chemical fertilizers, yet these are natural organic & green. Also, keep in mind chemical fertilizers & animal manure have to be broken down in the soil before they can be absorbed, worm castings are available immediately to the plant.
- Worm Castings are Odorless
- Safe for any type of plant (annual, perennial, seedling, & more)
- Apply to turfgrass at a rate of 10 lbs. to 100 sq. ft.
- Mix at a rate of 20-30% for potting soils or vegetable gardens
Call for shipping quote on yard quantities.
Please note that we Ship these in a Large Flat Rate Priority Mail Box. 1.5 cubic ft. of castings are measured and compressed to fit this box size to keep shipping affordable for our customers.
If you need larger quantities we do have discounts available. Just let us know.
- The humus in the worm castings extracts toxins and harmful fungi and bacteria from the soil. Worm Castings therefore have the ability to fight off plant diseases.
- The worm castings have the ability to fix heavy metals in organic waste. This prevents plants from absorbing more of these chemical compounds than they need. These compounds can then be released later when the plants need them.
- Worm Castings act as a barrier to help plants grow in soil where the pH levels are too high or too low. They prevent extreme pH levels from making it impossible for plants to absorb nutrients from the soil.
- The humic acid in Worm Castings stimulate plant growth, even in very low concentrations. The humic acid is in an ionically distributed state in which it can easily be absorbed by the plant, over and above any normal mineral nutrients. Humic acid also stimulates the development of micro flora populations in the soil.
- Worm Castings increase the ability of soil to retain water. The worm castings form aggregates, which are mineral clusters that combine in such a way that they can withstand water erosion and compaction, and also increase water retention.
- Worm Castings reduce the acid-forming carbon in the soil, and increase the nitrogen levels in a state that the plant can easily use. Organic plant wastes usually have a carbon-nitrogen ratio of more than 20 to 1. Because of this ratio, the nitrogen is unavailable to plants, and the soil around the organic waste becomes acidic.