All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
A form of corkscrew willow, the decorative cut branches of Scarlet Curls is often used in floral arrangements. This vigorous, small tree has golden brown branches and twisted, scarlet red stems spiraling upwards. The red color intensifies after the first frost. In zone 7-8 the trigs are more reddish brown. Like the corkscrew willow, the leaves are somewhat curled.
- You are purchasing one – potted Scarlet Curls Willow Tree – quart pot
- Fast growing
- Small landscape tree
- Winter interest
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Salix matsudana x S. alba ‘Scarlet Curls’
- Mature Size (HxW): 30’ x 15-20’
- Soil: Moist, well-drained, widely adaptable
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Growth Rate: Medium to Fast
- Characteristics: Curled, wavy stems and leaves
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, bedside a pond or stream, Border plant, Landscape
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!