All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
‘Hakuro-nishiki’ is synonymous with ‘Albo-maculata’, also commonly named ‘Dappled Japanese Willow’ or ‘Variegated Willow’. It is one of the smaller members of the willow family, grown as a small tree form or large shrub.
Delicate yellow catkins appear in early spring, usually April, just before the leaves unfurl for the season. Willows tend to leaf out as many as 4-6 weeks before most woody plants. The leaves will eventually yellow and drop quite late, usually October or November. Stems will turn red in the winter, providing colorful interest in your winter garden.>/p>
- You are purchasing one – potted Hakuro Nishiki Dappled Willow Tree – quart pot
- Dramatic foliage color
- Small landscape tree
- Winter interest
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Salix integra ‘Hakuro Nishiki’
- Mature Size (HxW): 15-20’ x 15-20’
- Spacing: 6-10’
- Soil: Moist, fertile, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Sun Exposure: Partial to full sun
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Characteristics: Inconspicuous blooms
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, Landscape
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!