All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
The American Sycamore Tree is one of the largest and oldest North American native trees. Considered a shade tree and an ornamental tree, they can grow just about anywhere in the country and fast!
Because of their fast growth (up to 6’ a year), the American Sycamore is a very popular choice for residential landscaping. The simple, broad, flat, green leaves are palmately lobed. Their foliage provides excellent shade making thick canopy. It is often called a “camouflage tree” because of its mottled bark and yellow-brown foliage in the fall. A mature American Sycamore can grow to an impressive height and width of 75’-100’.
Even though this tree is very adaptable, make sure your sycamore receives full sun and is planted in rich, moist, well-drained soil.
- You are purchasing one American Sycamore Tree planted in a 1 Gallon Pot
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Considered a shade and ornamental tree
- Thick canopy provides excellent shade
- Grows just about anywhere
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Plananus occidentalis
- Mature Size (H x W): 75’-100’ x 75’-100’
- Soil: Rich, moist, well-drained soil; humusy
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Wide canopy of simple, broad, flat green leaves that are palmately lobed; foliage turns a yellow-brown color in the fall
- Fruit: Non-burlike balls with tightly packed seeds in capsules
- Bloom: Small non-showy flowers; male – yellowish, female – reddish
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Tolerance: Deer and urban pollutants
- Suggested Uses: Ornamental, specimen, screening, windbreak, group planting, accent plant
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!