All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
’Primevere’ features a unique double canary yellow bloom with pearl guard petals. Center will fade from yellow to cream over time. Provides an excellent Old World elegance to your landscape. Long lasting cut flower.
Peonies are tough, undemanding perennials that can bloom happily for a century or more with little care. Choose a sunny to lightly shaded spot to plant with good air circulation and plenty of room for them to grow. Because they like ample water, they do best in somewhat heavier clay-type soils and away from the roots of trees and shrubs.
When planting, water deeply and maintain even soil moisture until the ground freezes to help the plant develop as many feeder roots as possible its first fall. To protect the delicate roots the first winter, apply mulch. After the ground freezes, mound the newly planted area with 2-4 inches of soil or 5-8 inches of a fluffy, non-matting mulch such as straw, cornstalks, peat moss, or evergreen boughs – but not leaves.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Primevere Peony - 1 gallon pot
- 3-5 eyes
- Exceptional fragrance
- Easy care
- Attracts bees; Deer resistant
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Paeonia x ‘Primevere’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 2-3’ Tall x 2-3’ Wide
- Soil: Loamy, well-draining
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Green foliage with yellow double blooms
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Bloom: Double yellow bloom with white guard petals bloom in mid spring
- Suggested Uses: Border, Specimen, Cut Flowers
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!