Nootka Rose is a magnificent old heirloom silverskin from Washington State. The cloves are a beautiful deep mahogany color with red streaks and almost solid red elongated tips. It has the full flavored character typical of silverskins and its parchment-like bulb wrappers are easy to peel. Nootka Rose is just about always the last garlic to mature and be harvested and is often, if not usually, the longest storing garlic of all. Nootka Rose is a very hardy garlic.
Garlic can be planted in the spring as soon as the ground can be worked, but fall planting is recommended. In areas that get a hard frost, plant garlic 6-8 weeks before the first frost, cover with a 3” layer of straw, grass clippings, or other organic mulch
- You are purchasing Nootka Rose Garlic Bulbs
- Family: Allium sativum var. sativum ‘Nootka Rose’
- Soil: Well –drained, plenty of organic matter
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Softneck
- Ripens/Harvest: mid to late harvest
- Spacing: Block Planting – 4” apart and 2” deep in upright position
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!