Inchelium Red garlic is an award-winning soft-neck variety of garlic. One of the most productive of all the heirloom garlic, this soft-neck variety is also an artichoke type. The cloves have a mild and savory aroma and their flavor is neither mellow nor too pungent and provides a rather rich and robust taste with a medium level of spiciness, even when eaten raw. These easy-to-grow garlic are excellent in the kitchen and usually have the best storage qualities. Great for braiding.
Garlic can be planted in the spring as soon as the ground can be worked, but fall planting is recommended. In areas that get a hard frost, plant garlic 6-8 weeks before the first frost, cover with a 3" layer of straw, grass clippings or other organic mulch.
- You are purchasing Inchelium Red Garlic bulbs
- Family: Allium sativum var. sativum ‘Inchelium Red’
- Soil: Well-drained, plenty of organic matter
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Artichoke/Softneck
- Ripens/Harvest: Mid-season
- Spacing: Spacing - Block Planting - 4" apart and 2" deep in upright position
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!