Elephant garlic prefers a long, cool growing season and is best planted in early fall. The larger the planted clove, the larger the bulb it will produce and these cloves are huge. You'll harvest enormous bulbs that are up to 4" wide and 3" long! Delicious mild flavor.
Garlic can be planted in the spring as soon as the ground can be worked, but fall planting is recommended. In areas that get a hard frost, plant garlic 6-8 weeks before the first frost, cover with a 3" layer of straw, grass clippings or other organic mulch.
- You are purchasing an Elephant Garlic clove
- Family: Allium sativum var. ampeloprasum ‘Elephant’
- Soil: Well-drained, plenty of organic matter
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Softneck
- Ripens/Harvest: Fall 240 days, Spring 90 days
- Spacing: Block Planting - 5" apart and 4" deep in upright position
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!