Not only does the White Oak tree make a great shade tree, but it has beautiful colors for all seasons. The colors are red to pink in spring, dark green in the summer, and deep red in the fall. The White Oak would add a beautiful site to your landscape.
Respected 20th century naturalist Donald Peattie once said, “If oak is the king of trees, as tradition has it, then the white oak, throughout its range, is the king of kings.” It is a bold statement, but many agree with him. Perhaps this is why it is the state tree of Connecticut, Illinois, and Maryland.
This beautiful tree can be found presiding over pastures, providing shade in urban parks and suburban neighborhoods and thriving in natural stands throughout the eastern United States and southeastern Canada.
- You are purchasing one White Oak Tree planted in a 1 Gallon Pot
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Quercus alba
- Mature Size (HxW): 50’-80’ x 50’-80’
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Full to Partial Sun
- Characteristics: Oval in shape, with leaves that change color with the season
- Growth Rate: Slow to Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, shade, parkway/street
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!