All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Nuttall Oaks are extremely easy to establish, and grow like a weed. They can tolerate poorly drained sites more so than any other red oak.
The acorns of a Nuttall Oak are a favorite for deer and wild turkey. Also important to squirrels because acorns remain in the tree well into January when most habitat is flooding.
Dull, dark green lobed leaves 4”-8” long and 2”-5” wide. Small reddish-brown acorns.
- You are purchasing one Nuttall Oak Tree planted in a 1 Gallon Pot
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Quercus nuttallii
- Mature Size (H x W): 60’-80’ x 35’-50’
- Soil: Moist, fertile, well-drained
- Soil pH: 4.5-6.5
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Attracts squirrels
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Ornamental, specimen, accent plant
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!