All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
The Bur Oak is definitely an impressive sight to behold. With a coarsely textured crown, wild and wooly acorns and a massive truck with rough and deeply furrowed bark, it is definitely leaves an impression. Usually wider than tall, the Bur Oak is a great choice for parks, institutional grounds, and expansive yards.
The Bur Oak yields acorns that are larger than most others, with a conspicuously fringed cap that extends about halfway down the nut. Also features alternating leaves that are 6”-12” long with 5-9 lobes separated about halfway down by a pair of particularly deep sinuses.
- You are purchasing one Bur Oak Tree planted in a 1 Gallon Pot
- Offers dense shade
- Tolerates pollution and heat stress
- Lives for more than 200-300 years
- Also known as Burr oak, Savannah oak, Overcup oak, Prairie oak, Mossy-cup oak, Mossy-overcup oak, Blue oak
- Grows in a rounded shape
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Quercus macrocarpa
- Mature Size (H x W): 70’-80’ x 80’
- Soil: Grows well in acidic, alkaline, loamy, sandy, well –drained, wet and clay soil.
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Massive trunk diameter
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Tolerance: Drought
- Suggested Uses: Ornamental, specimen, accent plant
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!