All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Kentucky Colonel is the most delicious mint out there, definitely our top spearmint pick for Mojitos and Mint Juleps! It’s easy to grow, and grows well indoors. Highly aromatic, Kentucky Colonel will release its strong minty scent when you brush past it.
The blooms of this popular herb attracts butterflies, but if you allow your mint to go to flower it can make the leaves taste bitter. Tip: Plant two pots of mint: one for you and one for the butterflies! We strongly suggest planting in a pot or container so that it will not overtake your herb garden.
- You are purchasing one – Kentucky Colonel Spearmint plant – 4” Pot
- Highly aromatic
- Blooms attract butterflies
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Mentha spicata ‘Kentucky Colonel’ Spearmint
- Mature Size(H x W) : 24” x 24”
- Soil: Moist
- Hardiness Zone: 5-11
- Sun Exposure: Full to Part Sun
- Characteristics: Perennial herb
- Growth Rate: Aggressive
- Suggested Uses: The traditional mint used for Mint Juleps, can be substituted for Spearmint in any dish
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!