All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Need to add a little color to an open area? With this Japanese Larch, you can do just that. This deciduous conifer has bright green needles that emerge in early spring and come autumn, the needles turn a golden yellow to provide good fall coloring. The very open and conical shape gives the Japanese Larch a unique look to your landscaping. Great when use by itself in an open area or with other green conifers or shrubs for a striking color contrast. The Japanese Larch is a fast growing tree and at maturity can reach up to 89’-90’ in height with a spread of 30’-40’. This tree desires full sun and moist, well-drained, acidic soil and cannot tolerate full shade or dry soil.
- You are purchasing a multipack of Japanese Larch –Larix kaempferi - Potted in 2.5” Pots
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Very open and conical shape
- Foliage consists of bright green needles that turn golden yellow, providing good fall color
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Larix kaempferi
- Mature Size(H x W) : 80’-95’ x 30’-40’
- Soil: Dry to medium moisture
- Soil pH: Neutral to acidic
- Hardiness Zone: 4-7
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Deciduous conifer
- Growth Rate: Moderate - Fast
- Tolerance: Full sun and poor drainage
- Intolerance: Shade, drought, chalky soils and air pollution
- Suggested Uses: Great accent or specimen in open areas in parks or on campuses
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!