All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Blue Maid Holly has dark green foliage. The spiny oval leaves remain dark green through the winter. The flowers are not ornamentally significant. It features an abundance of magnificent red berries from mid fall right through to late winter. This is a female variety of the species which requires a male selection of the same species growing nearby in order to set fruit.
Without a doubt one of the hardiest of the traditional evergreen hollies, this is a pyramidal mounded shrub with spiny blue-green foliage and showy red berries in winter; requires a male pollinator, often paired with Blue Stallion, Blue Prince.
- You are purchasing a Blue Maid Holly– 3.5” Pot - 3 pack
- Low maintenance
- Attracts songbirds/birds
- Winter interest shrub
- Decorative berries
- Deer & Rabbit resistant
- Cold Tolerant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Ilex x meservae ‘Blue Maid’
- Mature Size: 10’ x 8’
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Characteristics: Broadleaf evergreen shrub
- Pollinator Required: Blue Holly male
- Soil: Rich, acidic, well-drained
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate/slow
- Suggested Uses: Mass planting, hedges/screening, accent, foundation planting
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!