All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
This is the old-fashioned hydrangea that your grandmother and great-grandmother grew! Always a favorite! Late season flowers extend garden color into fall! Lacy white flowers are tinted pale pink as the season progresses.
'Tardiva' is a vigorous, upright, rapidly growing, somewhat coarsely textured, deciduous shrub. The showy, white, sterile flowers are somewhat loosely packed in the panicles and slowly turn purplish pink with age. The much smaller, fluffy, fertile flowers are partially visible beneath the showier, sterile ones.
Larger flower panicles can be obtained by thinning the plants to 5-10 primary shoots. In full bloom, the weight of the flower panicles will typically cause the branches to arch downward. Oval to ovate, serrate, dark green, leaves (to 6" long) with undistinguished, yellow to purple-tinged fall color.
- You are purchasing a Hydrangea paniculata ‘Tardiva’ – 3.5” Pot - 3 pack
- Snowball flowers
- Upright, pyramidal, sharply pointed terminal panicles to 8” long
- Blooms from late summer well into fall, one of the latest shrubs to bloom
- Late season flowers extend garden color
- Attracts butterflies
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Hydrangea paniculata ‘Tardiva’
- Mature Size: 6’ x 6’
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Soil: Average, well-drained
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Sun
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Bloom: Lacy white tinted pale pink as season progresses
- Suggested Uses: Hedge, cut flower, dried flower, foundation planting, encourage tree form
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!