All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
’Sagae’ is a large, vase-shaped Hosta cultivar with variegated, oval, wavy edge leaves that are blue-green with a creamy white margin. Margins will tend to be more yellow with increased shade. Scapes can rise as tall as 34” with white, lavender-tinged flowers in midsummer.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Sagae Hosta - 1 quart pot
- American Hosta Growers Hosta of the Year 2000
- Attracts hummingbirds
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Asparagaceae ‘Sagae’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 2’-3’ x 2’-3’
- Soil: Moist, well-drained, highly organic soil best
- Soil pH: Neutral to acidic
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Light to full shade
- Characteristics: White/lavender bloom, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Border, Rock Gardens, Edging
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!