All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
’Captain Kirk’ is a large hosta that features thicker, wider dark green margins than ‘Gold Standard’, which it is a sport of. Golden leaf centers provide sharp contrast to the margins. Fairly sun tolerant, give morning sun for best color.
Winner, Royal Horticultural Society’s Award of Garden Merit 2012
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Captain Kirk Hosta - 1 quart pot
- Sport of ‘Gold Standard’ Hosta
- Slug resistant Hosta
- Attracts hummingbirds
- Pale lavender flowers are produced on 30" scapes in mid-summer
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Hosta x ‘Captain Kirk’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 23” x 42”
- Soil: Moist, well-drained, highly organic soil best
- Soil pH: 5.5-7.5
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Light to full shade
- Characteristics: Rounded growth habit, showy lavender bloom, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Suggested Uses: Border, Rock Gardens, Edging
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!