All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Hibiscus syriacus, commonly called Rose of Sharon or shrub althea, is a vigorous, upright, vase-shaped, multi-stemmed, deciduous shrub that typically grows 6’-8’ (less frequently to 10”) tall. It may be trained as a small tree or espalier.
Lavender flowers with a dark red eye provide a welcome color accent. Handsome, leathery, dark green leaves and a dense, compact growth habit.
- You are purchasing a Rose of Sharon ‘Minerva’ – Hibiscus syriacus – 3.5” Pot - 3 pack
- Attracts hummingbirds and butterflies
- Lavender with traces of pink overlay toward the center and reverse of petals; dark red eye
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Hibiscus syriacus L. ‘Minerva’
- Mature Size: 10’ x 6’
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Soil: Average, well-drained
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Sun
- Characteristics: Deciduous shrub
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Tolerance: deer, drought, clay soil, black walnut
- Bloom: Lavender with dark red eye, showy flowers
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, hedge, mass screen, trained as single trunk for container
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!