All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
‘Adagio’ Dwarf Maiden Grass ise easy to grow and a good choice for beginners. This upright, clump-forming ornamental grass features extremely narrow silver-gray blades which turn yellow in the fall. In late summer, pink-tinged tassel-like buds appear and gradually develop into creamy white plumes by fall as the seeds mature.
The ‘Adagio’ flowers early with their plumes moving ever-so gracefully even in the slightest breeze. They are great when used as a focal point in your landscaping, in large containers, as accent plants, shrub borders, around decks/swimming pools, the possibilities are endless. No matter where you use your ‘Adagio’ Dwarf Maiden Grass, you will not be disappointed!
When established, the ‘Adagio’ has been proven to be exceptionally mildew, heat and drought tolerant, as well as free from any serious pest or disease issues. This grass is also remains year-round even standing through heavy snowfalls.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Adagio Maiden Grass - Ornamental Grass - 1 quart pot
- Dwarf Habit
- Perennial potted plant
- Easy to grow and maintain
- Attracts wildlife, visual attention, birds
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Miscanthus sinensis ‘Adagio’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 3-5’ x 3-4’
- Spacing: 3’
- Soil: Moist, fertile
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Partial to full sun
- Characteristics: Yellow to medium green foliage
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Suggested Uses: Asian/Zen, Contemporary, Cottage, Rustic, Specimen