All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
The Chicago Hardy Fig would make a great addition to any yard. As its name implies, this tree originated in Chicago making it a hardy addition for northern landscapes. While it thrives outdoors, this fig tree will even succeed potted and brought inside during the colder season.
The Chicago Fig produces medium sized, purple skinned figs that can be peeled and eaten fresh from the tree. Figs ripen from August until the first frost in the fall. They may even bear fruit as early as July. No need to wait for produce as this easy-to-grow tree typically bears fruit its first season!
- You are purchasing a Chicago Hardy Fig Tree - 4" Pot, 6"-12" tall – 1 each
- High yielding, easy to grow
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Ficus carica ’Chicago Hardy’
- Mature Size (HxW): 12’ x 10’
- Soil: Adaptable
- Hardiness Zone: 5-11
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun - Partial Shade
- Characteristics: Pink-red flesh
- Ripens/Harvest: August to frost
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!