All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Have a tough spot to fill? Then this is your tree! The Eastern Red Cedar will grow just about anywhere it’s planted, even in those low lying areas of your property. The dense, blue-green and rather prickly foliage is a natural shelter for game birds, deer and many song birds and the berry-like cones is a great food source for birds and small mammals. The branches have a strong cedar scent and are an excellent choice to be used as a privacy screen, windbreak, accent or specimen, mass planting, or in difficult sites. This cedar can reach anywhere from 30’-65’ in height with an 8’-20’ spread. The Eastern Red Cedar will flourish with plenty of sun and can tolerate heat, drought and most soils.
- You are purchasing a multipack of Eastern Red Cedar Trees – Potted in 2.5” Pots
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Conical shape in youth, opening with age
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Juniperus virginiana
- Mature Size(H x W) : 30’-65’ x 8’-20’
- Soil: Dry to medium moisture
- Soil pH: Acidic, 4.7-7.8
- Hardiness Zone: 2-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Evergreen; needles have bronze cast during cold months
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Tolerance: Deer, drought, erosion, dry soil, shallow-rocky soil, black walnut, air pollution
- Suggested Uses: Dense foliage forms a thick privacy screen/living fence, windbreak, accent or specimen, mass planting, difficult sites
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!