All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Wintergreen, also known as Korean Boxwood, is a compact, cold hardy boxwood variety. New foliage is bright green and darkens slightly with age. Its oval leaves are small and delicate, which provides a finely textured look and feel. Wintergreen boxwood keeps it’s green color during the winter when other boxwoods can turn yellow.
Boxwood is the classic hedge plant. It features a dense, evergreen growth that makes it perfect for trimming into a small, formal hedge, or as individual specimens lining a path or border. Often used for defining different spaces in a garden or as a foundation cover-up. The evergreen color makes it especially pretty in front of red brick. Boxwood is also wonderful as topiaries and hedge mazes.
- You are purchasing a multi-pack of – Wintergreen Boxwood – 2.5” pot
- Pest, deer, and disease resistant
- Year-round interest
- Low maintenance
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Buxus microphylla ‘Wintergreen’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 2’-4’ x 3’-5’ when unpruned
- Soil: Moist, well-drained soil
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Sun Exposure: Partial to full sun
- Characteristics: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Border, Container, Hedge, Mass Planting, Specimen, Topiary, Urban Garden
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!