All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Growing your own blackberries can be easy and fun. Grow bushels of healthy, flavorful blackberries that can be eaten fresh off the bush. There is nothing better than blackberry pies or hot blackberry cobbler and ice cream. Remember you grandmother’s fresh blackberry tart? Not only are you saving money but you are getting fresh fruit from you own blackberry bush.
The Apache blackberry is a thornless, erect, summer bearing blackberry. Large sweet fruit with high yield. Canes of Apache thornless blackberry are more erect than other thornless varieties and can be grown without a trellis when primo canes are tipped at 42” to control primo cane length and encourage lateral growth. Blackberry plants produce fruit on second year shoots.
- You are purchasing a ‘Apache’ Blackberry Plant - 4" Pot, 6"-10" tall, heavy rooted – 1 each
- Blackberries are high in antioxidants and provide many nutritional benefits
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Mature Size (HxW): 5-8’ tall x 4-8’ wide
- Soil: Moist, loamy soil
- Soil pH: Best at 6.0-6.5
- Hardiness Zone: 6-8
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Thornless, summer bearing
- Pollinator Required: Self-pollinating
- Ripens/Harvest: Late June/early July
- Pests: Disease/pest resistant
- Spacing: 3’ apart in 5’ wide rows
- Tolerance: Tolerates hot, dry weather
- Years to bear: 2-3
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!