White on Black Plastic Mulch is primarily used for a "cooling" effect. The white surface is laid up to reflect heat away while the black surface is laid down to prevent
weed growth. Great for lettuce, cauliflower, and broccoli.
Increase yield and crop success with 1.0 mil White on Black Plastic Mulch. One of the primary factors that controls plant growth is light; and, in general, the more light the better. Better growth and higher yields are the result. Studies by Penn State University show boosts in crop developments up to 35%! With the white reflective mulch, light levels in the plant canopy are three times higher than with bare soil. White mulch has dual properties: light reflection and weed control since a layer of white is co-extruded over the black. Yet this embossed, high density mulch is only 1.0 mil thick. It is even tough enough to hold up under foot traffic during the harvest season.
In northern states where the season is short, White on Black mulch is a vital link in improving yields by increasing the amount of light available to the plants. In more southerly states where a summer crop is planted, White on Black mulch deflects heat and keeps soils cooler.
Advantages of using White on Black Mulch:
- Earlier and higher yields even though there will be variations from year to
- Weed control. Because the mulch is black, light is not transmitted through
the plastic and therefore weeds will not grow under the material.
- Evaporation of soil moisture is reduced. Plastic mulch is impervious to
water. Any evaporation of soil moisture occurs only through the planting
- Nutrient leaching is reduced during excessive rainy periods.
- Easy to install and durable. Our embossed plastic lays extremely well with very few machine adjustments.
You can lay it at higher speeds! Strong enough for either double cropping in the same season or possibly over two seasons. Easy field
- Our embossed plastic has superior elasticity with a built in memory that hugs the bed tighter than smooth or cold post embossed films.
This material will not flop in the wind.
- This hot cast film is extremely strong and elastic in all directions. In turn it sticks to the bed and will not allow heat to escape.
- Our Embossed is more opaque than like gauges of blown or smooth films. This translates into better weed supression and more evenly dispersed temperature control.
- This material has a superior field life and is easy to pick up at the end of the season!
Mulch 1.0 mil Installation Tips:
- Prepare soil well. It should be smooth and pliable
- Do not lay paper on dry soil. Beds should be firm.
- To prevent tearing, adjust wheels on plastic laying machine so that they do not stretch the paper.
- Plastic should be in close contact with the soil for maximum heat transfer into the soil.
- Be sure the edges of the plastic are well secured with soil.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Would recommend this product.
Would recommend this product.
Location: Elizabethtown, Lancaster County Pa, 1/2 hour drive from Hershey
Date: May 13, 2016
Before using it the first time, I searched the internet to see how to install it. Once I have it installed it looks like it was done with a machine except the row might be a little crocked. Soil should be a little moist not dried out so the plastic stretches over the soil and the soil gives a little. If the soil is dry it will not give. Using this, manure with organic matter and using a drip line system has produced some of the best collard greens and red russian kale my neighbor man ever grew.