The hand diaphragm primer contains a rubber diaphragm working in an aluminum chamber. The diaphragm is actuated by a levered handle attached to it by a connecting rod. Air is drawn into the chamber through a suction valve on the upstroke and discharged through a discharge valve on the down-stroke.
- Lightweight and durable solid-cast aluminum body.
- Reinforced diaphragms are long-lasting.
- Steel mounting bracket allows for easy and dependable installation.
- Fulcrum bracket can be adjusted at various angles for your convenience.
- DP5 Suction Pipe Size: 2 inch, 3 inch, 4 inch; DP7 Suction Pipe Size: 4 inch, 5 inch, 6 inch; DP9 Suction Pipe Size: 6 inch, 8 inch, or Larger
|DP Series Diaphragm Hand Primers Installation and Operation Directions
||Attach mounting bracket to centrifugal pump or skid
||Connect primer suction inlet to priming port on the centrifugal pump with hose or flexible tubing. Be sure all connections are air tight.
||Fulcrum bracket on the DP9 may be adjusted for ease of operation.
||If primer is connected to pump discharge, a cutoff valve should be installed in the priming line. This valve should be closed immediately after priming to prevent the pump from discharging through the primer.
||If primer is connected to pump suction, cut-off valve is not required.
||A check valve must be used on the pump discharge to prevent air from being drawn into the pump from the discharge line while priming.
||All primers are equipped with a drain cock installed in the suction chamber for draining excess water after each use. Drain cock must always be closed when primer is in use.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!